Almost every organization has or, at some point, will need to move its data from one system to another. When this movement happens, it’s crucial to ensure that the data in the source and destination match, including the semantic and logical meanings. And that’s where data mapping tools come in handy.
Data mapping involves matching source data fields to destination data fields during a warehousing or data migration project using a data mapping tool. This process facilitates successful data integration, migration, and data management.
However, you need versatile and powerful data mapping tools to build and achieve a successful data usage strategy. Let’s look at the 10 best data mapping tools to watch out for in 2023.
· MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform
MuleSoft solutions offer a unified cloud integration platform as a service (iPaaS) data mapping tool to help businesses map their data between destination fields and SaaS apps as a source. This data mapping tool uses its own language to build and perform data mapping tasks. Also, it supports a mobile version, enabling users to remotely track and manage the data mapping and integration tasks.
- Easy-to-navigate integrated development environment (IDE), making it easier to develop and test solutions
- Numerous connectors save the time needed to write new data mapping codes.
Disadvantages of MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform
- Its own language (MuleSoft) is used to build solutions, whereas most data mapping tools feature drag-and-drop features.
TIBCO’s data mapper features a script grammar only available for Task Scripts and Script Tasks. With this data mapper, you can graphically map your data across parameters and data fields. As a result, you can create complex objects from a blend of process parameters and data fields.
- Intuitive user interface with drag and drop feature, easing the data mapping process
- Exceptional performance and error reporting
It is quite technical and often needs consultant assistance.
· Software AG
Software AG data mapping tool comes with a GUI that enables you to produce a field table (GFFT) and global format buffer (GFB). Using this tool’s interface, you can predict XML definition or drag and drop a specific natural data definition module (DDM) onto a destination Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- It supports seamless data mapping and integration, thanks to its advanced adapters that make it easy to integrate and map to other leading systems
- It features a rich library of utility services
- Due to its complexity, only business analysts and IT can map data and processes.
· Dell Boomi AtomSphere
This cloud-based data mapping and data integration tool is offered by Dell. It features a visual designer that lets you easily map data between multiple platforms and integrate them effectively. Boomi AtomSphere is ideal for businesses of all sizes.
- It has drag-and-drop features, making it easily usable by non-technical users
- Lacks documentation and its point-and-click feature isn’t ideal for resolving complex solutions.
· Oracle integration cloud service
Oracle integration cloud service is a platform that performs source-to-destination mapping between multiple cloud-based data sources and applications. Also, this data mapping tool can go beyond to integrate some on-premise data. What’s more, it offers more than 50 native application adapters for connecting on-premise and other app data.
- It supports integration coalesce and SaaS extension under a single product
- Smooth integration with other Oracle products and services, such as Oracle Sales Cloud and API platform cloud service.
- It can be overkill for your needs because it includes visual application building and process automation capabilities.
Jitterbit is a data mapping and integration tool that let you set up API connections between applications and services. With Jitterbit, you can automate data mapping in on-premise systems and SaaS apps. What’s more, it has AI features to help you control the interface with a recommendation system, real-time language solution, and speech recognition.
- Great documentation and intuitive interface
- Most of its configurations are point and click
- Low-quality debugging and logging
SnapLogic offers a data mapping and data migration solution that allows you to automate most of your data mapping fields, thanks to AI and its advanced workflow builder. With SnapLogic, you can auto-map data between cloud-based apps and targets to continue streaming data in sync. Moreover, you can monitor all data mapping and migration activities using integrated reporting and visualization tools.
- User-friendly, intuitive interface
- Supports faster and more flexible data mapping
- Not suitable for filed mappings and complex pipelines.
Informatica PowerCenter offers a highly scalable data mapping and integration solution with robust performance and flexibility. Also, users can use its proprietary transformation language to create custom transformations and built-in data connectors to configure adaptable data integration and migration solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Centralized repository for storing all the data, including streaming data and flat files
- Suitable if you have confidential data and several data sources on AWS.
- It only supports Microsoft Azure SQL data lake destination
- High initial licensing and running cost
Pentaho is an open-source data mapping and integration tool that provides an ETL solution to companies that need automated data mapping and loading from source to target destination. It offers services like data mining, OLAP, data analysis, information dashboards, reporting, and data warehousing.
- Pentaho data integration offers data analytics and analysis results, giving a good overview of the business
- Interactive no-code graphical user interface (GUI)
- The community version lacks Job Manager and Scheduler features, making it hard to manually complete tasks
Like Pentaho, CloverDX is an open-source data integration and mapping tool built in Java. It is used to manipulate, transform, and map data. This tool delivers flexible solutions when used as a server app, command-line tool, standalone application, or embedded in other apps.
- It provides good data transformation speed
- It allows you to use data parallelism services to build web solutions
- It supports a limited number of formats and files
Data mapping plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of various data processes. A single misstep can wreak havoc in your business, leading to repeated errors and inaccurate analysis. That’s why you need to consider some of the best data mapping tools in the market. To identify the best data mapping tool that matches your needs, assess your business needs and check the crucial features, including drag-and-drop functionality, support, and auto-schema management, among other key features. This way, you can decide what tool best works for your business.
Interested in similar articles? Visit our blog for more.